Most aluminum alloys have excellent casting properties.
Cast parts made of these materials can be welded very well
in our casting process, have variable strength due to the
different alloys, often high strain and impact toughness,
and the cast primary aluminum alloys are resistant to corrosion.
Areas of application
Cast parts made of an aluminum alloy are primarily suitable for complex,
pressure-tight, fatigue-resistant, and impact-resistant design elements. Accordingly,
they are used in a wide range of applications:
- in machinery, motor vehicle, and engine manufacturing
- in household appliances
- in weapons systems
- in electrical applications
- in railway applications
- in wind power systems
- in environmental systems
- EN AC-Al Si12 is an eutectic alloy with excellent mould filling, high heat-cracking resistance, and excellent casting properties with high chemical resistance. It has excellent weldability and average strength properties, high fracture strain, and good impact toughness. This alloy cannot be hardened by heat.
- EN AC-Al Si9Mg / EN AC-Al Si10MG are some of the most important hardenable AlSi casting alloys. It is a near-eutectic alloy with excellent casting properties, good heat cracking resistance, good machinabilty, and high chemical resistance. This material is also characterized by high strength after heat treatment and excellent weldability and good machinabilty.
- EN AC-Al Si7Mg0,3 is another of the most important sub-eutectic AlSi casting alloys with moderate flowability. It can be hardened under heat. High-strength designs that still have notable toughness and ductility can be produced from it. It has very good corrosion resistance and thus good resistance to aggressive chemicals. This alloy also has good machinabilty and weldability.
- EN AC-AlZn10Si8Mg is a self-hardening casting alloy with very good flowability. Due to its high zinc content, its corrosion resistance is greatly reduced. It is not suitable for castings with vibratory or impact loads, or for castings that must support bending or shear loads or that require a certain toughness. Sudden brittle fracture may occur. Strength is achieved by aging for 10 days at room temperature. The main advantage of this alloy is the savings for heat treatment costs. It is also very machinable and weldable.