Precision meets strength:
Gravity die casting casting by MKB
In the gravity die casting process, liquid metal is poured into a metal casting mould -
known as the mould - through an inlet gate.
The cavity of the mould is filled with liquid metal under the force of gravity alone.
This has several advantages:
- Low cost per part relative to sand casting
- Our precision gravity die casting produces similar tolerances to investment casting
- Tooling costs are significantly lower than for pressure die-casting
- Smooth surfaces and fine geometries with precision chill moulds
- High casting capacity, depending on the part
- Low porosity, high density casting
Various metals and alloys can be processed as gravity die castings - depending on
the desired requirements and area of application of the cast part.